My name is Thong Pham, a full-stack software developer. Currently, I am pursuing Master's Degree in Computer Science specializing in Artificial Intelligence at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona.
I finished my Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology and had 3 years of experience in FPT Telecom as a Technical Consultant. With this role, I supported sales teams on technical aspects such as network system, database to sell our products. After working in network field for few years, I saw many current problems in my society that I thought we could use software to solve it. So I decided to study abroad in the US.
I wrote my first hello world program in C++. Then, I switched to Java and did some applications such as Book Library Manager, Caro game... After that, I began to learn web application myself. My first web app written in Java allows my friends upload, listen and share their music and images with others. Right now, I focus on web development and its frameworks. I am also interested in AI and Machine Learning and try to apply it to solve current problems. That's why I learned Python and love it immediately due to its simplicity and power.
(To be continued...)
November 2011 - April 2015
FPT Telecom, Full-Time
- Organized clients' requirements, and then drew up detailed design documents including diagrams and charts that indicate the solutions.
- Worked with network engineers to analyze and design products for customers.
- Tested and modified the solutions to ensure that they operate smoothly.
- Wrote weekly reports to project managers.
March 2017 - July 2017
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Worked under Professor’s instruction to build a web-based platform for students in Cal Poly to find team members for their startups.
July 2017 - September 2017
Web Developer Intern
DiddyChat, Santa Monica, CA
- Successfully launched a web admin console to fetch users’ data from server using HTML, CSS, jQuery, AngularJS, and NodeJS.
February 2017 - Present
Robe Vendor, Santa Ana, CA
January 2016 - April 2018
California State Polytechnic Universit, Pomona
Master of Science in Computer Science specializing in Web Development and AI
Relevant Courses: Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Computer Architecture, Advanced Algorithm Design & Analysis, Advanced Software Engineering, Robotics, Machine Learning, Computer Vision
May 2015 - December 2015
University of Southern California
- Learned how to read and assess critically academic texts
- Gained ability to write papers, communicate and present in academic fields.
- Developed vocabulary for graduate studies.
September 2006 - September 2011
International University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology
- Studied fundamental knowledge of database management and implemented it with web development projects
- Designed computer networks and applied them with real network devices.
- Employed ERD, MySQL, and SQL Server in designing information systems for enterprises.
HTML & CSS
The Naive Bayes Classifier and Its Applications in Document Classification
Document classification aims to categorize a given document into predetermined categories based on the content of the document. The purpose of this research is to emphasize the importance of the Naive Bayes classifier in terms of its applications in document classification.
Neural Networks for Image Recognition
Image Recognition has become one of the most important research fiels recently. In this research, I will describe how to develop an artificial neural network which is able to help computers understand an image.
Please shoot me a message if you are interested in working with me.
CA 91791, United States of America
Tel: +1 714 949 9561